Thursday, June 01, 2006

Mmmm Free Pizza

The other day I let my friend Stephanie read my blog because she gave me her URL and I already came out to her. It's a funny story because my myspace profile made her suspicious. I've told people that when people leave their orientation blank, it usually means they're gay. Jason's friend who turned out to be gay left his blank, and both Jason and I left ours blank. Jason keeps saying 'no, that's not what it means.' But it is. Reading that led Stephanie to ask in a roundabout way.

First she asked who I was dating. I asked her why she wanted to know and she said she saw me with a girl at Dairy Queen. We went back and forth for a little bit before I just told her. It turns out she felt like an ass for asking. She thought I was, which was really funny. Stephanie's great though. She's fun to hang out with and we have similar taste in music. Well, she listens to everything, including rock which is what I usually listen to.

But anyway, she was reading my blog and something I wrote hurt her feelings. When I said that I should have been spending time with Jason I didn't mean that she was bothering us. I just meant that I didn't want to ignore Jason, but I didn't want to ignore Stephanie either. See, I can never do or say anything without hurting someone's feelings. I also said in one of my past entries that I needed a DVD burner, so Stephanie just gave me her DVD burner. She wouldn't take any money for it and she even spent all night finding the power cable. All this after I hurt her feelings.

Then yesterday we were hanging out at the mall. We went to Spencer's and then to Hot Topic, but I made her got back to Spencer's so I could get one of those necklaces they have. I was going to get one of the brown twine ones, but Jason has one like that so I got a cool blue steel one. But it turns out Jason has one like it too. But when I went up to the counter to pay Stephanie pulled out her debit card and told the cashier to charge the money to that. I told her she didn't have to, but she did anyway.

I tried to pay at Taco Bell too. Stephanie says she just like spending money on people, but I don't know. I hope she doesn't feel like she has to pay for my friendship. She's really cool and I like her. It's really weird because I can talk to her about things that I don't normally talk to people about. We talk about me being gay and dating Jason like it's just normal. I'm not saying it's not normal, I'm just saying most people don't look at it that way. I'm really glad we became friends again though.

Other than that, not much is going on. I still feel like an ass for flipping the go-cart. I got a coupon in the mail for a free small pizza for being new to the neighborhood.. My old house is only like five minutes away. It's right by Hungry Howie's, but I still get a free pizza, which is always good. I also started a group on myspace for fans of Rich Magazine, but I'm getting very little feedback. I'm going to keep at it though.

No comments :

Post a Comment