Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I Hate My Friends (Some of Them)

One of my friends totally pulled a Danielle today. I can't go into any great detail here, but I'm pissed. I was looking forward to doing this one thing on the weekend. We've been planning it for 2 months, but suddenly it's not going to happen. I was even almost forced to break plans with Stephanie because I thought the two events were on the same day. Then I would have felt really bad because I would have been pulling a Danielle and it would have been even worse because I asked her to go.

I don't know what it is about me. There's just something that makes people avoid me. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything about being the way I am. (I didn't even consider that until Jason brought it up) I don't know. All I know is that if all my actors back out over the next week, I'm going to be fucked. It's happened both of the other times I've tried to make a movie, why shouldn't it happen now?

I guess some of the actors are replaceable, but I only have a few possible options. People keep telling me that I have been productive, writing the script and all. But if I never film it, or if no one ever sees it, what's the point? I don't really call writing a hollow, mellow-dramatic, predictable script being productive. I know that there are going to be people standing there laughing and saying "I told you so." Or, at least one person. And we all know who that is.

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous14/6/06 14:37

    No matter what anybody or a big ol' nobody (in somebody's case) says, just keep plowing on. Nobody in your movie is irreplacable.

    And I'm sorry your friend backed out. That's terrible. :(

    ReplyDelete