Sunday, June 04, 2006

My Monthly Rant

Why is it that every time I want something everyone has something negative to say about it? If I want to be a filmmaker it's stupid and a waste of time. If I want to use the firepit that's already in our back yard, it's too dangerous and I'm not smart enough not to burn the house down. If I want to have friends over, they have no business in our house. If I want to crash at someone's house for the night, only fags do that. If I want to make Rich Magazine, it's stupid and it'll get me in trouble. If I want to be an author, I'm not smart enough and I don't have anything worth saying. If I want to buy a 4 wheeler, I get asked why do I want to do that?

I think that's probably my most common heard phrase. I don't know why people think there's always an ulterior motive behind everything I want to do. Why can't people just accept that I have my own opinions. I like the things I like and if you don't that's fine. I don't care. I don't tell people going to church is a waste of time. I don't go around saying straight people should die. I don't tell people what to do or not to do because it's none of my business.

All I'm really saying is that there are a lot of people in my life and I'm trying to please them all. It's not working. Not even close. Why can't I just be who I am because it's who I want to be? Why should I have to be a million different things to a million different people? Frankly, I'm sick of it. If you don't like me, don't talk to me. I think I'll manage.



Before anyone thinks this is directed at them, let me assure you, if you're reading this because I gave you the URL, it's not. Honestly. All my good friends, all my real friends are great. I don't know what I'd do without them. I owe them a lot and yet I can never give them anything they need. I'm sorry. I really am.

No comments :

Post a Comment